This serie of articles, called “NEW @ The Paddle Sports Show 2022” showcases the products that are competing for the « PADDLE SPORTS PRODUCTS OF THE YEAR AWARDS »
Entry for INOVATION AWARD – SECUMAR, FURIO
The SECUMAR FURIO is a newly developed hybrid impact vest that provides the best in design for kitesurfing, downwind foiling, especially for wing foiling or skiff sailing, as well as for ,fast’ dinghy sailing.
Our SECUMAR FURIO combines the advantages of a 50 Newton buoyancy aid with impact protection (back protector) with the benefits of an additional manually activated 110 Newton lifejacket buoyancy chamber, providing a total of 160 Newton of buoyancy in a potentially dangerous situation.
Falls are inevitable, as are cramps, exhaustion or simply slackness. That’s where the SECUMAR FURIO comes in.
Special design details for extra wearer comfort include a small opening in the lower front area to allow room for the trapeze hook and the skin-friendly materials consists of neoprene, fabric, foam, and a spacer fabric.
The large, tough front zip makes it easy to put on and the inflation handle is easily accessible so that the rescue collar can be triggered quickly. The back protector is built according to DIN EN 1621-2 for additional protection of the spine.
Another handy extra is a storage bag in the chest area for smaller items as well as a hanging loop and the adjustable body strap ensures a close fit.
Thanks to the small opening, the impact protection vest with integrated, removable back protector is compatible with harness trapeze for foilers and dinghy sailors as well as with a hip or seat harness for kitesurfers.
The SECUMAR FURIO has a tight fit to ensure maximum freedom of movement.
- Highly efficient impact protection through integrated, removable back protector reduces the risk of spinal injuries.
- Fits tight to the body for maximum freedom of movement.
- Available in four sizes for an ideal fit.
- Front storage pocket with zipper.
- Integrated small opening for the passage of a trapeze hook.
- Buoyancy class/comply to 100 N (ISO 12402-2)
- Buoyancy type: Inflatable, fixed foam
- Effective buoyancy: 160 N
- Color: black, orange
- Retro-reflective strips, 2-tone whistle
- Product approval: CE, DIN EN ISO 12402-4, DIN EN SO 12402-6, EN 1621-2
Available in four sizes:
- Small 60-80 kg P/N 17214
- Medium 70-90 kg P/N 17215
- Large 80-100 kg P/N 17216
- Extra-large 90-115 kg P/N 17217
- Recommended Retail Price c/w 19% VAT: 379,90 €
Why should the SECUMAR FURIO win?
- It is a unique hybrid impact vest that increase the safety of the wearer on the water.
- Reduce the risk of drowning due to the fact that the 2-in-1 product (50N impact vest + 110N inflatable lifejacket) develops a real buoyancy of 160N, keeping the head with it respiratory passages above the water.
- Promoting water sports thanks to an increase safety level.
for more info about SECUMAR